The role of the Research Support Officer is to provide administrative and sometimes logistical support for research development and research activities in Research Institutes. This includes, but is not limited to, applications for research funds at the international, national, and local levels. The Officer will work closely with Research Institutes in developing research activities, promoting research collaborations with external organizations and other universities and enhancing XJTLU’s research profile nationally and internationally. The role-holder reports to the Research Support Office Team Leader and will work within the Research Support team in the Research and Graduate Studies Office.
1. To help to build links and support preliminary discussions between research institutes and local governments and industries.
2. To provide administrative support for Principal Investigators to submit research grant applications under the name of Research Institutes internally and at the international, national, and local (especially SIP) level.
3. To provide support to Research Institutes by monitoring the progress and output of projects already funded and to support the submission of bids for additional funding.
4. To administer management systems for research outcomes, such as searching for research prizes and awards, filing patent and Intellectual Property (IP) applications and realizing opportunities for technology transfer.
5. To provide support the delivery of workshops and events organized by Research Institutes.
6. To support the budget management of research-related matters, such as the management of funding provided by the University and funding awarded by governmental funding bodies and industrial collaboration partners.
7. To liaise with Research Institutes, academic departments, clusters, the International Innovation Hub, the International Technology Transfer Center and other internal groups as required.
8. To perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the relevant Institute Directors and the Head of the Research and Graduate Studies Office.
1. Masters degree;
2. At least 2 years of work experience in research administration and support is preferred;
3. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese;
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
5. Excellent presentation skills, and skillful in Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
6. Attention to details; highly organized; patient and capable of follow-through;
7. Good team work spirit and problem solving capabilities;
How to apply:
To apply for the position, please visit the following website and apply online before the closing date: http://hr.xjtlu.edu.cn/ . You need to register and then login to complete each part of the application process, including Basic Information, Cover Letter, Job Title and Reference and Equal Opportunities Form. Remember to attach your CV when completing the Basic Information form, and the covering letter (in English) should outline your interest in the post and explain how you meet the criteria.