HR Support Officer’s job entails providing a comprehensive administrative support to day-to-day operations of human resources ensuring the efficient delivery of employee services and the accuracy of employee data records. HR support officer liaises effectively with admin functional services throughout the organization providing a customer focused support service; coordinates the implementation of people-related services; reports to the HRD; and assists employee about HR issues.
- Supporting in all staff affairs and employee services about HR issues;
- Providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
- Participating in administrative staff meetings and attending other meetings and seminars as necessary and to provide HR support and to monitor activities and completion of goals.
- Preparing statistics that are necessary to carry out the functions of the team. Preparing periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Assisting in the development and updating of the HR system, HR web site, as well staff platform/MITS OA development or intranet improvement.
- Exercising individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to manager’s attention.
- Supporting HRD with other ad-hoc assignments or other duties as assigned by the VP. Providing bi-weekly report to HRD.
- Miscellaneous which assigned by HRD.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years related office experience.
- Good command of both oral and written English and should be an effectual communicator verbally as well as through writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in using of Microsoft office and able to present information in forms, tables, spread sheets, and some skills in database management, record keeping and an attention to details in writing and accurate typing.
- Awareness of cultural diversity within an international environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with diverse range of individuals, to work as part of a team, and to liaise with colleagues where work interests overlap.
- Good organizational skills, with ability to manage and coordinate a variety of administration tasks in a busy office environment.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly independent, responsible, and meticulous to details.
- Ability to operate under immense pressure.
- Relevant work experience in a Higher Education setting.
- Specialized training in disciplines of HR is a plus.
- Knowledge of project management software and project management experience is an asset.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- General knowledge of Foreign Experts regulations and Public Security rules.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please visit the following website and apply online before the closing date: http://job.xjtlu.edu.cn/. You need to register and then login to complete each part of the application process, including Basic Information, Cover Letter, Job Title and Reference and Equal Opportunities Form. Remember to attach your CV when completing the Basic Information form, and the covering letter (in English) should outline your interest in the post and explain how you meet the criteria.