(Note: XJTLU is a dynamic, rapidly evolving university; the range of duties etc. set out below is indicative and not prescriptive. The person appointed will be expected to show flexibility and adaptability in meeting the developing needs of the University).
• To service, repair and maintain specialist IT equipment for research, teaching and administrative purposes;
• To install and check computer software and networks as appropriate;
• To work as a technician in the labs to make sure facilities in the labs functional for the teaching and provide assistance to the classes and examinations. The role holder will get trained with some basic skills to how to use the facilities;
• To liaise with faculty/University staff and outside bodies to resolve problems;
• To issue equipment to students and staff and record its return;
• To take charge of lab demonstration for external visitors or department tour, to provide admin support for the department or cluster level events;
• Other duties commensurate with position as defined by the Heads of Department or his/her Officers including support to other colleagues in the University when required, such as during times of peak workflow, holidays, sickness, etc.
If you have any further questions, you may contact Liping.email@example.com